It made me re-think my sales strategy, and wonder if tent shows are once again a worthwhile option for me and my work. Hmmm...
So I made a list of pros and cons. Here it is:
- I already own all the equipment from shows I did a few years ago
- I like demo-ing in front of a crowd
- I like talking about what I do
- The fees don't scare me anymore
- It's a LOT of work (travel, set-up, getting a potty break)
- Choosing the right show is crucial
Notice this list didn't mention my art? No, it didn't, 'cause my work does sell. That last bit about "choosing the right show" - that's where all the legwork will come in.
I think I'll start my research now.