You are cordially invited to attend my Spring Plein Air workshop in April at Quail Hollow for a very enjoyable outing into the world of plein air painting.
When: Thursday, April 23, 9 AM - 3 PM (with a break for lunch) Where: Quail Hollow (Home of Susan Coggin), north of Newnan off Roscoe Rd. (Map to follow) Cost: $85.00 (Lunch included) Rain or shine!
What we'll do: Plan to meet at the barn (Map to follow) about 8:30 AM to set up, grab coffee and be ready by 9 AM to gather for a brief instruction period on plein air technique. The morning session will involve creating one plein air work in a specific area of this 12 acre property incorporating landscape and architectural elements (Hey, that means we'll be painting an image of the barn and surrounding areas!).
After lunch we'll have a short critique period, and the group will begin the afternoon session. Students may set up and paint from their own chosen location (lake, trees, hills). Another critique period will follow at the end of the afternoon session.
Supplies to bring:
- Portable easel
- Two 8 x 10 or 11 x 14 canvases or canvas boards (Squares are fine, too)
- Flat or filbert brushes no wider than 5/8" will work best. Make sure you have one 1/4" flat for sketching
- Palette or paper palette pad
- Small jar of mineral spirits or linseed oil to clean brushes
- Charcoal is OK, but not necessary.
Recommended paint colors:
- Cad Red Medium
- Sap Green
- Lemon Yellow
- Ultramarine Blue
- Titanium White
I like to use these colors, too:
- Dioxazine Purple
- Cerulean Blue
What to wear:
- Dress in layers (not black!).
- Hats and sun visors are very useful.
- It may be muddy, and there are many geese - wear old shoes.
I have extra easels if someone needs one - give me a shout! The Torino easels we used in studio class will work just fine.
Don't forget to plan for extra space in your car to transport wet paintings home!
Here's a PayPal button for your class fee:
PS: Come visit my new website, www.corinnegalla.com